Build a Book
Did you know that around the world, 250M children are unable to read simply because they don’t have enough books in their mother tongue?
Team up with NABU to give the gift of literacy to children by creating your own personal fundraising campaign! By taking the Build a Book challenge, you can help create one amazing, high-quality, culturally responsive mother tongue storybook for kids!
Get started in two easy steps
Set up a personal Build a Book page on GiveLively.
Choose your Build a Book campaign goal
- $250 (manuscript/story creation)
- $500 (illustration)
- $750 (full book, story+illustration)
Tell your friends & family, post on social media, and share your love of reading!
That’s it! Fully created books are published and made available for free on the NABU.org app, which with daily use, increases literacy by 35%. Once you’ve completed and funded a book you will receive:
- a link to the book within NABU’s app
- your profile on NABU’s digital landing page Wall of Fame
- acknowledgment; (name + book on social media and newsletter)
- access to exclusive offerings throughout the NABU community
Build a Book. Let’s change the world, one story at a time!
NABU is a technology enabled publisher of multilingual children's books, accelerating children's literacy through their mother tongue.